Equinology and Caninology
Equinology® and Caninology celebrate over 25 years of providing quality education in a small class environment. We set the standards early on and continue to raise the bar for education excellence.
In addition, you have access to an All-Star faculty to help produce the leaders in this ever-challenging field. Veterinarians and specialists who are household names from around the world teach our many courses. Where else can you find Dr. Barb Crabbe, Dr. Nicole Rombach, Dr. Carrie Schlachter, Dr. Mila Speciani, Ken Bains, Dr. Hilary Clayton, Ruth Mitchell Golladay, PT, Dr. Kellon, and Debranne Pattillo MEEBW? Our instructors keep up with the rapidly changing information in the equine and canine health industry to make sure our students evolve and stay current in this wonderful field.
Chances are if you are looking at this site, you have been reviewing programs to see which one suits you best. Ask your veterinarian who they would recommend. Equinology will be at the top of the list. Why? Because we train our graduates to work as team players in the paraprofessional world. We stress recognizing red flags and situations when the animal needs veterinary intervention before sessions. Our course participants are required to demonstrate their learned skill sets and protocol before they are certified. We require case studies and a visual presentation to pass our program before offering a qualification. We do not issue certificates of achievement (qualifications) via distance study or online study; a good portion of the course must be attended onsite to receive supervision and training for their qualification.
Whether you are already working in the animal healthcare field and are looking for continuing education, one course of interest, or a new qualification, you have come to the right place. You do not need to be one of our program graduates to attend these continuing education courses! If you are an owner, competitor, weekend equine or canine warrior, or simply a person who loves their animals and wants to do more with them, we have courses that will suit you too.
We have several distinctions and requirements for our course attendees. Onsite courses are those presentations where the participant attends the class at a selected location. Our Professional Courses are limited to licensed professionals such as veterinarians, chiropractors, osteopaths, advanced animal bodyworkers and therapists, physical therapists, vet technicians, and physical therapist assistants working for a profession and veterinary students in their final years. Requirements do vary by course so please read those carefully. For the full criteria details and application, please click here. We also have Distance Study Courses for the relevant subject matter such as nutrition and neurology and muscle disorders as well as courses that prepare the student for onsite classes. Our general interest course offerings for Owners, Trainers, and Equine and Canine Workers round out the program, making something for everyone.
If you are looking for our non-USA independently licensed companies (sister companies), please visit https://www.equinologyinstitute.com/sister-companies/
The Equinology Approach
The Equinology® Approach is the cornerstone of our school. This approach was developed by Debranne Pattillo, MEEBW, and founder of Equinology Inc. and co-founder of the International Equine Body Worker Association and author of Anatomy of Equine Bodywork; The Equinology® Approach. She has used this approach successfully for her own client base for over 30 years and has shared it with thousands of students, many of them already equine professionals all over the world.
This unique hands-on system addresses the whole body, implementing specific manual palpation methods to assess soft tissue and symmetry of muscle and structure, and utilizing detailed static and dynamic evaluation to inform the practitioner. Different bodywork techniques, including sports massage, soft tissue mobilization, stretching, range of motion and positioning exercises, as well as focal point work (stress and trigger points) are combined to provide optimal support for horses working in every discipline. The Equinology® Approach stands out because it is comprehensively and continually anatomically referenced, making it a team approach. The Equinolgy Approach reflects Debranne’s passion for academic precision concerning equine musculoskeletal anatomy and continues to evolve from Debranne’s extensive experience and ongoing learning from her colleagues and mentors; both human and equine.
We offer the Equinology® Equine Body Worker Certification (EEBW) Course and the Caninology® Canine Body Worker Certification (CCBW) Course to those who are looking for a serious, respected, and well-earned qualification and are willing to put in the hard work.
Why Choose Us?
Let’s face it. There are lots of schools available at this present time. What makes one better for you than another? Here are a few reasons we think you should consider Equinology, Inc. ®, and Caninology ®:
- You will find that many of our instructors are published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Our instructors are also authors and curricula creators.
- The majority of our instructors hold doctorates and have private practices in the industry
- Our instructors are dynamic, energetic, reliable, and highly qualified. Review the faculty and lecturers on the website!
- Every course is well presented with the newest information and plenty of hands-on.
- You can take one course for personal interest or continuing education or a certification program.
- Equinology, Inc. ® is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider.
- Equinology’s courses are approved and recognized by the International Equine Body Worker Association (IEBWA), the UK McTimoney Chiropractic Association, and the Society of Osteopaths in Animal Practice.
- We are one of the very few educational institutes that take the responsibility of offering you more than a handful of courses!
- Continuing education units available for those seeking out of state requirements.
ASK QUESTIONS WHEN CONSIDERING AN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE
Research your prospective school. Different students have different needs. However, there are some things that you need to ask to ensure your learning needs are met, and you are in a safe, comfortable environment.
- How much time is allowed for actual hands-on during the courses?
- Does the institute carry insurance? Some schools have dropped insurance coverage due to an enormous increase in policies.
- What is the ratio of horses/dogs to people?
- How many students are in the class?
- Are there continuing education courses offered?
- Is the educational institute recognized or affiliated with any other institute or organization?
- Is anyone available after the course to ask questions?
- Is the classroom comfortable?
- Are any instructors contributors to research projects or published veterinary peer review articles?
- Our onsite modality courses are of a smaller size in quality facilities for your comfort and to ensure proper supervision.
- Our Equine Body Work Techniques courses have the best manuals to support and enhance your learning.
- Students learn in a variety of approaches. We deliver the material in written form, lecture, hands-on portions of onsite modality modules, specimens, powerpoint presentations and plenty of discussions to ensure we cover your needs.
- We are fully insured!
4/14- 4/22 EQ100
4/27 - 5/3 EQ900
5/7- 5/17 EQ100
View All Courses
Equinology, Inc. ®
610 Noah Court
Napa CA 94558
M-W-F 10:30 to 1:30 PST